Sunday, December 21, 2014

A simple act of kindness

Hey all!

Some of you might have noticed that I was missing. You might have had your share of thoughts about how I was out fighting crime with my ninja brigade, swinging off of buildings and kicking serious ass, because as you all know, that is my night job. I know, these things obviously come to mind when you think of Anita from Thick Threads and missing in action. And, of course you are all right about all of that, but let's just leave that behind for now. I mean, who wants to talk about work on their day off, am I right?






Aside from the fact that I have been busy doing, well, we just went over that. I have been keeping up with your blogs and getting inspired by all of you. So I thought I should get a little update up in this blog!

Alright. I'm not going to say much. I do have an anecdote about this post which I would like to share with you now:

 On the day I took these pictures I was headed to the National Library and on my way there, I decided to get some coffee at a local bakery. As I was standing in line, out of nowhere, a woman came up to me and she said something that I'm likely to remember for a while. As she came up to me I didn't even notice her, she was, as I assume having not seen her, as fast as a lightnight bolt, wearing a smile on her face and slightly leaning in to where I was stainding while saying "Excuse me miss, it's really none of my business but, you look beautiful." That was it. She had left as quickly as she had appeared. She was gone before I could really thank her. It was such a small act of kindness, but it really made me smile for the rest of the day. It actually made a difference in the way I think about people who seem to be looking at me for longer than usually acceptable by todays social standards. So who ever you are, phantom of the bakery who gives out compliments, I thank you!
For an added bonus to the story: It was my birthday. I kid you not! It was my birthday. How is that for a random compliment from a stranger on a day like your birthday? There should be more acts of kindness like this one, and I am all good and ready to return the good deed to as many people as I can.

So go out and make someones day, week, month or year. You never know how much something so small and simple can mean to a stranger on the street.



(A tiny man on a stepladder braiding my hair)
Outfit: H&M. Watch: Nixon. Tights: C&A

I also wanted to include some pictures I took at the National Library in Vienna:







Thanks for staying with me!

See you soon!

xx
Anita 

6 comments:

Aurè said...

Hello,Ciao Anita...great post and nice anecdote! Yes,You look so beautiful!
this yellow top is stunning on You...it make shining Your stunning Beauty more than the Sun!
happy festive season

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful place and you are definitely beautiful too. I wish compliments were a regular part of life, genuine compliments of course.

<3Honeysuckelle

Unknown said...

It's a lovelly gesture to say to someone when youre think about this things! We need to do it more, definitely.

I love this mustard with black and white combo plus the place is super amazing, want to do some photo there!!!!

Wait Until The Sunset said...

Hellloooo!!!
We missed you!!
Love these shots of the Vienna library, I always kck myself when I think about how I stuffed up what country I was in when we were in Venice! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed we can come over and see you! xx

Grinsebacke said...

Das Kleid in der Kombi mit dem Cardigan ist so schön :)

shortylegsbeauty said...

I ADORE that yellow gardigan :) This whole outfit is so lovely :)
That little owl brooch is so darn adorable :)
Haha I started laughing a little at the pic of the little man "braiding" your hair :)
xx